- Nitric Oxide Booster; AKG may act as a precursor for both arginine and nitric oxide to help boost levels of both
- Support Healthy Aging; Studies show AKG may support healthy ageing
- Different than AAKG - AKG is not be confused with AAKG. AAKG is a combination of Arginine and Alpha Ketoglutarate which AKG is pure Alpha Ketoglutarate
- Whopping 180 Capsules Per Bottle (3 Month Supply); Each bottle contains 180 capsules, enough to provide 90 servings of 1,000mg AKG
- Manufactured in the USA, Gluten Free, Non Gmo; DoubleWood Supplement's Resveratrol capsules are Manufactured in the USA, Gluten Free and Non Gmo
AKG (Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid)(Alpha Ketoglutarate) is a ketone derivative of glutaric acid which is found naturally in the human body. It is not to be confused with AAKG which is a combination of Arginine and Alpha Ketoglutarate. Recently AKG has become the subject of many aging studies as it may act as a precursor for both Arginine and Nitric Oxide and may be more effective than AAKG It has a number of functions including acting as an intermediate step in the Krebs cycle, helping to form amino acids, transporting nitrogen, and acting as an antioxidant. While AKG plays many roles in the body, it is commonly supplemented by athletes to support athletic performance, and as a supplement to support healthy aging. This function has been established in multiple animal studies but there has yet to be any human trials to see if this benefit is also true for humans. Double Wood's AKG is, Manufactured in the USA, Non-Gmo, and Gluten Free. It contains 180 capsules and each serving is two 500mg capsules (1,000mg). This is enough AKG to last three full months if taken daily.