Let me introduce you to my secret weapon for health and weight loss – water!
Water is the unsung hero at the cellular level, ensuring our cells thrive. It's our body's natural air conditioner, keeping us cool during workouts or hot days.
You probably know that our body prioritizes water for survival needs first – it's the VIP guest at the body's party. Water is the life of the digestive party, breaking down food and ensuring nutrients get a VIP entrance. It also delivers oxygen and nutrients to your cells, regulates body temperature, and safeguards vital organs. It is also the ultimate cleanser, swooping in to help kidneys filter out toxins, leaving you refreshed.
But here's the real magic – when you up your water game, your brain uses the "extras" and activates lipolysis, the fat-burning process.
In order for that to happen you need to consume at least 1/2 your body's weight in oz. For example, a person weighing 160 lbs needs to consume at least 80 oz of water per day. (That's 10 glasses)
So, how do you make water your weight loss ally and consume more?
- Sip and Repeat: Consistently sip water throughout the day.
- Infuse for Fun: Add flavor with citrus or berries.
- Set Reminders: Hourly water breaks keep you on track.
- Hydrate with Meals: Drink water before each meal.
- Replenish: Sip water after every bathroom visit.
- Get Creative: Try caffeine-free herbal teas or flavored water.
- Balance it out: Have 2 cups of water after every caffeinated drink.
So let’s raise a glass (of water), to the unsung hero in our health journey. From cell support to weight loss, it's the key. Cheers to a vibrant, hydrated you!