- Heart Health Supplements: This magnesium glycinate capsule activates the enzymes necessary for neuromuscular contractions, cardiac function, and more*
- Overall Health & Nutrient Metabolism: This magnesium glycinate supplement helps the metabolism and utilization of vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and more*
- Energy & Bone Support: Magnesium supports metabolism of carbs and amino acids; supports energy production and use of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, and potassium*
- Magnesium Capsules for Sensitive Individuals: Magnesium glycinate is a form of magnesium that's less likely to cause loose stools than other forms of magnesium
- Pure Difference: What we leave out matters, too; Pure Encapsulations products are free from common allergens, artificial or unnecessary ingredients, and GMOs
Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contractions, cardiac function, and the regulation of the acid-alkaline balance in the body. In a cross-sectional study involving 210 elderly individuals, optimal magnesium intake was associated with lipid metabolism and lean body mass. Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, and potassium. In a 15-year study involving almost 5,000 young adults, higher intakes of magnesium were associated with healthy cardiovascular function and glucose utilization. Another large cross-sectional study found that magnesium intake was positively associated with bone mineral density in certain subgroups. This vital mineral also helps utilize some vitamins, including vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Magnesium (glycinate) is less likely to cause loose stools than other forms of magnesium.