- AGED IN CAVES FOR 10 YEARS: Deep, earthy flavor that coats your tongue and helps relax your mind.
- MOUNTAIN GROWN: From the tropical region of Xishuangbanna just to the North of the mighty Mekong River.
- NO NATURAL OR ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS: We only use real ingredients - not chemical filled flavorings.
- NO CHEMICALLY TREATED TEABAGS: All teabags contain plastic. That is why we refuse to use them.
- NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS PERIOD: Organic is just the beginning. We investigate each tea to ensure purity.
If we were to serve you a tea that was 10 years old, it would most likely taste flat and stale. But not if that tea is Pu-erh. Much like 21-year-old single malt scotch, a Bordeaux wine from the 1980’s, or that old frying pan that Grandma gave you, Pu-erhs are better with age. Pu-erhs are the only tea that is intentionally fermented in special caves in China giving it a deep, earthy flavor that coats your tongue and helps relax your mind. But be warned, the unique aged flavor is not for everyone. It seems people either obsess about Pu-erh or try to avoid it with just as much enthusiasm.
This mysterious tea brews to a strong dark amber color with a velvety body. Smooth, earthy, and sweet, this tea has spicy overtones and a peppery warmth in the finish. This is an acquired taste that people either love or hate.
Our Pu-erh is grown in ancient forests in the mountains of Yunnan Province, China. The farm is located around the tropical region of Xishuangbanna just to the North of the mighty Mekong River. This Pu-erh is a Shu (or cooked) Pu-erh that has been aged for over five years. While the exact process is a secret, the tea is stored deep underground in special caves that have the perfect temperature and humidity. Over the five years, the tea achieves an earthy, almost unsweetened chocolate flavor with a slight hint of peaches.