- GOURMET QUALITY - Made from non-homogenized cow's milk from springtime thru the fall, sourced from family farms in small batches. Grassfed & USDA Certified 100% Organic - Made in USA. Packed in glass jars.
- NEVER WHIPPED - Your ghee may be melted, gritty, grainy, smooth, or solid, which are all normal textures of traditionally-made ghee. As with any natural product, color and texture may vary. Visit our website for FAQ.
- RECOGNIZED WORLDWIDE - Pure Indian Foods was the first ghee brand to receive Whole30 Approved seal in 2011. Featured in the New York Times, Paleo Magazine, The Globe and Mail, The Times of India, and more!
- WHAT IS GHEE? A great source of vitamins A & D, ghee is clarified butter that has had the dairy proteins removed. It's a wonderful option for those who are lactose intolerant or trying to avoid dairy but still want that delicious flavor and nutrition that comes with butter.
- ABOUT US - Your Trusted Family-Owned Small Business since 1889. Our ghee is HANDCRAFTED by The Agarwal Family that has been in the ghee business for 5-generations! Every Jar is filled by hand.
Ghee is prepared by melting and simmering butter until all the water evaporates and the milk solids settle at the bottom. The remaining butter oil is very stable, giving it a high smoke point which makes it an excellent choice to use for frying and sautéing and it can be stored without refrigeration for up to a year. Organic Ghee is rich in nutrients, including healthy fat soluble vitamins which aid in the absorption of nutrients in the foods. Ghee contains naturally occurring CLA, Vitamins A, D & K. Per Ayurveda, cow ghee is one of the most sacred foods. During the clarification process, milk solids are removed, leaving the healthy butter fats behind. Small, trace amounts of casein and lactose can possibly remain in the ghee, but unless a person is extremely sensitive, consuming ghee will be fine, even if dairy is not. Ghee does not contain milk solids, which gives it a very high smoke point (~485 °F). Because it is very stable at high heat, it is considered one of the best oils for baking, sautéing and deep fat frying. When you sauté or fry with butter, milk solids can burn causing an unpleasant odor, appearance and taste. Also, there is no hissing, popping or splattering when you use ghee. It also has a sweet aroma and actually becomes richer in flavor as well. Ghee does not contain harmful trans-fats which can cause heart disease and many other serious health problems. Well-prepared ghee is very shelf-stable because it has low moisture content. Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 months. In the refrigerator, it can last up to a year.